Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
February 4th 2009
Published: February 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Brisbane on 4th February and spent a few days relaxing at Michael and Debbie's home in Berkdale. It was lovely to be in a house / home after spending so much time in guesthouses / homestays and hotels! Debbie and Mike were lovely to us - they couldn't do enough and as such our arrival in Australia was enjoyable and stress free. Thanks guys!

We visited Wellington point, did some preparations for setting off in the campervan and enjoyed relaxing around the pool. Stewart made us a lovely meal and we also enjoyed an aussie BBQ.

We borrowed the Ut for a day and headed off to Australia Zoo (Home of the crocodile hunter). It was a great day out/ The Zoo was taken over by Steve Irwin and his family in 1992 and is a place where rogue crocodiles were rescued. Now with its motto of 'conservation through exciting education' it encourages understanding and knowledge of australian wildlife and other exotic animals. We were able to get up close and personal with kangaroos, koalas and numerous birds as well as play spot the croc in the swampy waters - you dont get up close and personal with them!

On our way back to Brisbane we drove through the glass mountains stopping for some lunch in Maleny - a small town which still attracts hippies. We have seen some amazing scenery and the numerous national parks we have been through so far have been amazing. We look forward to doing some bush walks as well as spending time on the coast when we get the camper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



26th February 2009

Hey
Hi guys. Just thought I'd say a hello as I've just been catching up on all your adventures. Seems like you are having a really great time (monkeys aside, of course...). Loving reading about you. Take care, keep having fun, be safe and will catch up on your adventures soon. Helen xxxx ;)

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb