Short stopover!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 6th 2008
Published: December 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Having dreaded going to a big 'ol' city upon arriving in Brisbane we were dare I say presently supprised!!.

We were picked up by our hostel mini bus and taken back checked in and before you could say " Throw another shrimp on the barbie mate" ended up in our home for the next 2 nights, an 8 bed dorm already home to 6 exploded backpacks (see the pics) and one heck of a stench!!!!!!!!! seriously even one of the blokes in there said welcome to the 'Stinky room'!!!!!.

But that aside there was a nice bunch of people there so we wasted no time getting the dinner on and the 'Goon' out!.

Nic - There's not really much to else to tell. We spent our time wondering around and taking in the city and narrowly missing a cyclone!

Our next journey was only a couple of hours and took us to the infamous surf town of Byron Bay.

BYRON BAY:

Initially we intended to spend a few days here chilling out but when we eventually got around to trying to book some accomodation we found everywhere to be fully booked and so came up with the brainwave to arrive early and leave late the same day on a night bus. It panned out just right as we got chance to look around and chill on the beach without getting bored.......It's a lovely town, but these days is very much just shops and restaurtants all geared up for the tourist, thank goodness there's a nice beach to while away a few hours on!

So from here we caught the night bus to Sydney, more soon!
xxxxx
PS....sorry it's a boring one!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

In a museumIn a museum
In a museum

The giant gropers we saw at Wolf rock!
Catching some rays...........Catching some rays...........
Catching some rays...........

Mum don't worry had sunblock on!!


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb