Broken bones in Brisbane


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived into brisbane in the rain and went to explore the city a bit... ended up mainly just on the street with all the shops! That night we went to the club that is attatched to the hostel for "ladies night" which meant that all the guys in there had to wear womens clothing, otherwise they wouldnt be served drinks.

Day 2 in Brisbane, met a really nice girl called Siobhan who is doing oz experience too and was staying in Caitlin and Kristie's room- turns out she is doing almost the identical thing to us too, so will be sticking with us for the next week or so- we are now a nice little group of four, which makes everything really fun- lots of shopping forecast i can see! That night (after a day of mainly shopping with the girls) we went back down to the club for the "beach party" where we were accosted by a group of rugby players who proceeded to draw all over us- luckily i escaped with just a heart on my face!

Day three was spent shopping, again (whoops!) with the girls, but i stupidly wore flip flops - bad idea for my toe! By the time i got back to the hostel at about 4 or 5 it was really hurting again and seeing as we weren't planning on going out that night i decided to hobble along to the hospital to get it checked out once and for all. Surprise surprise, i have an x-ray and find out that ive actually been walking around on a broken toe for 3 weeks! The doctor from the hospital didnt really know what to do with me though seeing as it had been so long, so referred me to a specialist who i would have to run (hobble) down to see as soon as i got off the bus in my next stop, surfers paradise.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 17; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb