2nd March 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

2nd March 2008
Today we woke in Darwin to the sunniest day we have seen so far in Northern Territory.
We of course were flying out at midday however and had to check out of the Central Hotel by 10-30am.
So after breakfast we went back to the Lamaroo Beach only a few hundred metres from the hotel for Dinah to take some more photographs of the coloured rocks on the beach.
After a pleasant half an hour ( I could have stayed all day) we went back to pack and check out.
We are now flying south over Mount Isa , Longreach and Rockall back to Brisbane. We can see down to the ground most of the time and there are very few roads or houses just miles of scrub land and the occasional outcrop of rocks. We shall miss the Top End witth the lush vegetation and teeming wildlife. I am so glad we saw it in the wet season even if it did involve getting rather wet!
We have now arrived in Brisbane and managed to make contact with Dave. We hope to meet up with him before we fly tomorrow to Hobart.
The weather in Brisbane is sunny and warm but not as humid as it was in Darwin.
We met up with Dave and his girlfriend Tania and had a meal together in a restuarant called Satchmos that had some live R&B music that was really good. Dave and Tania seemed in good form and it was nice to hear of their plans for the future.
We now have to work out which train we need to catch to get to the airport in time for our flight to Hobart.
Made it to the airport and posting the blog from the airport while we wait for our plane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



3rd March 2008

happy mothers day
The reason it was the sunniest day is because we ordered it for you for Mothers day mum!! Happy mothers day, looks like you had a great day.
6th March 2008

Well Dave has certainly changed. Having said that, he was 11 last time I saw him :)

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb