In Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
January 7th 2008
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sorry - it has been ages since I've written anything on this blog - chiefly because it costs money to use the internet and there are more pressing matters to attend to once i have payed (e.g. going on facebook!).
So after Thialand we did an epic 29 hour bus journey down through Malaysia to Singapore...the bus journey was actually ok as we spent much of it asleep or changing buses, the VIP night bus was amazing - costing us around 5 pounds - however the fridge like conditions on the bus did make sleeping a little more tricky.
Singapore seemed incredibly luxurious compared to Thialand especially as we were staying with Sophie's Granny's friends who have a maid!!!
Australia has been amazing so far...Sydney was beautiful and our hostel was great although the price difference moving from Asia to Australia is depressing!
We spent Christmas with Sophie Maddison's family in Coffs Harbour which was lovely as we were able to have a proper Christmas meal (we had a BBQ on Christmas eve!). On Chrismas day we hand fed wallabies and swam in a river!! Before we met up with the Maddisons we went white water rafting. Whilst this was a really fun experience it was also quite terrifying as we were lucky enough to have a trainee instructor in our raft as well as a proper instructor... far from being encouraging the proper instructor just decided to say unhelpful things like "the rafts going to flip" quite loudly in the middle of a rapid...he turned out to be correct actually as we did all end up in the water!
After Coffs Harbour we travelled on the Bus to Surf camp which was really good - $45 for the nights accomodation, food, drink and a surf lesson the next morning - the surf lesson was great (even stood up for more than two seconds) but since we had gone to a beach party the night before the 6:30 wake up call was less than welcome!
We stayed in Byron Bay over new years and had some really nice people in our room (appart from a danish guy called Ebbe who treated us to a long lecture about insects in Australia...very funny afterwards but quite boring at the time!). Sadly it rained a lot while we were staying in Byron but it deffinately didnt stop us from having a great New years Eve: appart from watching a band before midnight we also walked to the most easterly point in Australia at about 4 in the morning on new years day to see the sun rise meaning that we were the first people to see 2008 in Australia - such an amazing feeling although it was incredibly miserable weather and we didnt actually see the sun, but we did see first light!
Right now we are in Brisbane and have been swimming and have even been to some art galleries... they were free and it was raining!
I will make more effort to write on the blog much more often...
Lots of love to everyone,
Love Lou xxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb