Done a lot


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
December 17th 2007
Published: December 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Have done a lot since last entry, stayed in Airlie Beach for a few days and whilst there went sailing on the broomstick, went snorkling on the great barrier reef again and saw some amazing sites, got involved with the sailing and also went to a place called whitehaven beach which was amazing, the whitest beach and clearist seas around we saw stingrays and some amazing views. got a bit sick in the evening so spent that one in bed bit annoying but felt better for it in the morning.
After sailing we had two more days in Airlie beach which is where some aussies go on their summer hols, its sort of the magaluf of queensland, met some sound people whilst there including two girls who didnt like us from our first impression, that will become relevant in a bit... on our last night in airlie baech had a big night out and woke up half an hour late for our bus, still managed to get on it which was a bonus though but was very tired.
Bus journey was long, the longest leg so far, we stopped at a place called Kroombit, its a cattle farm, here we used whips, went on a bit of a bush trek fired shoutguns and saw a bit of the outback was a good day and a welcome change.
After Kroombit we went down to rainbow beach which is a quiet little town that is an access point to frazer island. after a night in rainbow we went to frazer island where you and 10 others get a 4x4 and go camping on this massive sand dune for a couple of nights, our group was ok some nice people including the girls we insulted- we won them over in the end and the first impression was redeemed. on frazer did some off road driving and then went to a place called Indian Head which had some amazing views, saw sharks and more stingrays and was so overwhelming, cant explain how amazing it was. the next day we went to some amazing lakes one in the middle of the rainforest and have never seen anything like it, had another night camping and some more amazing views and packed up in the morning.
We went back to Rainbow beach where we couldnt get a bus for another two days, a couple of the girls from the group were driving down to Noosa the next day and offered us a lift, we obliged and with no accomodation and no idea what it would be like we left. this was a really good experience as so far everything has been sorted out for us and it actually felt like we were travelling. Arrivedin Noosa and went surfing as the girls had a bit of experience at it, to my own amazement i wasnt that bad, i stood up once and managed to catch a few waves, really enjoyed it and is something i want to do a lot more of over the coming weeks. went out for a night out with some of the people we met and had a cracking night- was a great decision to take a bit of a risk and see somewhere off the track.
Got the bus the next day and travelled down to Brisbane which brings us up to date, its good to be in a big city but I already miss the beach...

NB I am growing a beard till Sydney- it does not look good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb