Everybody's going surfin , surfin Austral - I - A !!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
November 30th 2006
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well phew what a couple of weeks we have had travelling down from Brizzy as Kirsty and i have taken to calling it! We fit right in with the Aussie abbreviation of everything trust me! For Exmaple Brisbane = Brizzy , Catlemaine xxxx = xxxx , Hello = G'day , Arvo = Afternoon, Pom = English person , Kiwi = New Zealand person, Aggro = aggravation. You get the picture!

On with the Blog , as previously stated i was in Brisbane which was kinda nice as we hadn't seen a city for a while. Brisbane was quite relaxed and we were staying in the "Westend" which is not like London"s west end i can tell you , although it does seem to be the haven for the extravagant Brizzys eg Lesbinems with lots of piercings and men as women etc etc - you get the idea!
We had quite a relaxed time in Brisbane just generally hanging around at the hostel which had it's own bar and a little party every night - lovely. We got drunk on cosmos and i had to walk about 3 miles in heels to get a cab! Apart from meeting some funny Dutch dudes , one of whom i'm sure thought he was Bjorn Bjorg (constantly wearing a headband) not much to report.
We left Brizzy and headed on to Surfers Paradise which unfortunatley for us coincided with schoolies week - schoolies is all the kids that have just finshed exmas - about 10'000 17 year olds. We were obviously the oldest kids on the block and were made up when once again we got asked for ID well i did , Kirsty didn't , it's her eyes that give her a way you see , lot of wizdom behind those eyes! Anyway other than hanging out on the beach and getting drunk - again we pretty much chilled other than attending SURF SCHOOL! Yaye i am surfer dude!! Out of the 50 attempts i probably stood up twice but my surfing instructer insures me this is quite normal! And i was extra proud of myself as this took place in the ocean with the sharks and stuff!
We left Surfers Paradise and headed on to Byron Bay , hung out with the old hippies in Byron and soaked up the sun , the only interseting thing i done here was get a tattoo - sorry Chiz i know you'll be mad at this but it's not a bird i promise!! We headed out one night to a bar and got suitably drunk - rude not too innit?!
Departed Byron for another of our all to frequent 13 hour coach rides - this was the last one thank christ! Left at 7pm and arrived in Sydney at 8am the following morning, journey wasn't too bad as i got the whole back seat to myself - yaye me! Actually the most traumatic part of the journey was when we stopped at a service station called the big prawn - i assumed it must have a seafood restaraunt attached. No it had a giant prawn stuck to the top of it , approx the size of a house , why would ya why would ya!? You all know how i feel about seafood!
Anyway arrived in Sydney and to be honest i wasn't that fussed , it's nice but not a patch on London and once you've seen the bridge, the opera house and the sky tower i was at a bit of a loss as to what to do! So obviously i checked out the shops! We stayed in a nice hostel in Sydney which is the best in the world apparently , nice and all that but it's no Marriott! Did have a good bar in the basement with cheap booze so all good , they also made shepards pie and veg - heaven! Me and Kirsty had a fun night in here where i got told off for dancing on the chairs - say no more!
Left Sydney and headed to NZ - Am here now , i'm sorry i really am a slack blogger!
Will do NZ on a seperate blog all of it's own because it defo deserves it - it's lovely here (if a little cold).

Sleigh bells ring are you listening.....................

Any pictures of xmas lights or songs are gratefully received , i'm really missing the build up!

Wade - out






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



8th December 2006

As gorgeous as you look in your little shorts surfing - seriously where are all the pictures of the hot aussie surfer dudes?!!? We're teaching Stacey the words to 'Little Donkey' but she's not a patch on you! So are you home in time to make us Christmas sandwiches.......? Be good to see you xx
8th December 2006

in the lane, snow is glistening.....
a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight - 'walking in a winter wonderland!!' - well nearly! Hey Em, start another song and I'll try and finish it for you! LOL... good to hear you're still enjoying youreselves, can't wait to see NZ pics, not long now and you can go to the carol service at Minster Abbey ! xx K McK
8th December 2006

Er tatoo of what Wade?
We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas we wish you a merry Christmas and a happppy new year....
8th December 2006

Jingle Bells
I am cracking up - what is with you in that picture in front of the opera house!?!?!??!?! had you just been pulled out of the water and plonked back onto the harbour? Or are you trying to perfect the art of crapping standing up? Or perhaps you had made a purchase from Happy High Herbs or whatever that place was called! Either way it aint right. Miss you. See you on the 22nd. Peace to the bean and god bless us everyone. Happy holidays! xxx
10th December 2006

G'Day Dudes
So after 4 months of waiting to get on-line I've finally caught up with the rest of the world and can see what you're up to. Totally agree with Becs the Beach is dead without you, but the festivities can begin when you get home.
11th December 2006

Falling in a winter wonderland!!
I can tell you now you surfer dudes, your not missing a big build up to christmas. The shopping pom's are a bunch of misseries and if I have to fight another bitch for a train I'll kill them all!! Anyhoo, on a lighter note I'm loving the blog and totally agree with Megs-what's with the pose? The reason I've entitle this falling in a winter wonderland is because I fell down the stairs yesterday-hillarious i know but have bruised ribs and broken a toe just in time to get it stood on by the shopping pom's wa hoo!! come home sooner than soon x
11th December 2006

Oh the weather outside is frightful....
But the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW !!! No-one sings it quite like you. Looking forward to your return, need to order christmas stuffing.....! Take a photo of your tattoo on your next blog. Enjoy your last weeks, see you soon xxxx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb