Back To The Eighties!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Southbank
January 30th 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

I have been in Brisbane a whole week now and today I embarked on my second self guided proper tour of the City this time taking in the Queensland Museum and Brisbane Art Gallery. The exact definition of art worries me especially having just seen the most un-artistic exhibit I have ever seen in my entire life... a framed piece of corrugated cardboard which looked like it had just been taken out of a Christmas Hamper with a few random folds in it! That's not Art!!! It's 'Crap'!!! Having picked myself up from the floor after laughing myself silly, I then took a nostalgic trip back to the Eighties taking in the 'Game On' exhibition at the State Library which was simply awesome!!! Basically, it was a collection of old computer and games consoles plus arcade machines...I felt like I was ten years old again when I sat down with an old Atari 2600 and waggled my joystick at old classics including Donkey Kong, Manic Miner, Berzerk and Pitfall before re-familiarising myself with the arcade classics of 1942, Space Invaders and Galaxian!! Reluctantly, I had to leave my childhood behind and grow up a bit for my luncheon date at Irish Murphy's Bar and later, a couple of drinks at The Irish Club...which turned out to be a mini Casino, no wonder I had to sign a visitors book!!! I then hopped on the 353 bus back to base and settled down with Mike and a few beers to watch the Aussies lose the cricket again!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb