Moreton Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Moreton Island
November 6th 2013
Published: October 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early because this day it was off to Moreton Island. Moreton Island is located 75 minutes from Brisbane, and is one of the world’s largest sand islands (Fraser Island is the largest, and we will visit it later on). We headed off to Port of Brisbane where we took a MICAT ferry to the island. On the way there we saw dolphins jumping beside the ferry for a while and keeping us company, which was exciting because it was the first time we saw wild dolphins, it is a big difference to see them out in the wild than see them in a zoo.

When we came to the island we had a lot of activities to chose from; snorkeling, swimming, hiking, fishing, sand boarding etc. We wanted to do all of it but we needed to save something to Fraser Island. We decided to first go on some of the many walking trails. We started with one trail to Blue Lagoon and it only took 30 minutes, when we got there we sat down took it easy and after a while we took a quick dip before exploring the rest of the island. While we walked from one place to another we saw and experienced the nature around us, we saw small animals and plants we never had seen before and that was amazing. We continued to walk a trail to The Desert, which are large sand dunes. When we got there we tried sand boarding down the dunes, and it was really fun, we got sand all over our bodies but it was worth it. After that we felt it was time for Lunch so we went to the closest restaurant on the island and took a rest from our adventure.



After lunch we decided to go swimming for an hour or two before heading home. The boat tour home was calm and that was nice because we were really tired. We went right back to the hotel and ate when we came back to the city. We went to bed early and looked forward to the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb