EXPLORING AUSTRALIA’S HISTORY AND CULTURE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
July 11th 2012
Published: July 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

9 July Grey sky, scattered clouds shading the sun. The rain came at last!

Today, Connie and I went to sit in the lessons for the junior students. The class I went to included students from mainland China and four of our S1 students. Some of them were rather active (or talkative) and the teacher did not care their discipline in the classroom. Two Chinese students even fell asleep in front of the teacher but no action was taken.

The lesson was about vocabulary items that are related to computer and students were asked to list out as many relevant words as they could think of. Our students were able to list out quite a number of words.

In the afternoon, the students visited the Queensland Museum where they could briefly learn about the history and culture of Australia in a glance. The students were excited when they saw fossils of dinosaurs and other pre-historic creatures. There were also a large number of animal and plant specimens that can only be found in Australia. The students had an enjoyable and fruitful afternoon.



10 July Still showers and the sky was full of clouds. Bad mood!

The afternoon activity was going shopping at Westfield Shopping Town which is located at Carindale district. The excitement of going shopping there was not really strong for some students since some of them had already gone there with their family the week before.

The Westfield Shopping Town was huge in comparing with shopping malls in Hong Kong. There are big department stores and small retails shops, supermarkets, food court and over 2,000 parking spaces. Overall speaking, the products in the shopping centre were much more expensive than those in Hong Kong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb