STUDY HARD, PLAY HARD


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
July 6th 2012
Published: July 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

4/7 Another sunny day.

Lesson in the morning and activity in the afternoon as scheduled for each day. Today’s activity is learning how to play a didgeridoo and painting the boomerang with patterns designed by the students.

Blowing a didgeridoo is not easy. You have to manipulate your lips and the air flows from your mouth. Among the 15 students, only 3 of them are able to make a sound at blowing. Both teachers also failed to do so.

On the other hand, painting the boomerang was with more fun and is welcomed by all students. Each student was given a boomerang of unpainted white wood. They were allowed to design patterns or figures and then drew them on the boomerang. Every one tried their best to make a boomerang of unique design. Some students really did show their talent.



5/7 Good weather continued. There was a forecast of shower but no rain at all.

Originally, the afternoon activity should be kayaking on the Brisbane River. However, our students seemed to have no interest in this activity, probably due to the cool temperature (12°C). They didn’t want to get wet and to risk catching a cold.

After discussing with the staff, the kayaking activity was cancelled and it was changed to cycling or visiting the Science Centre. 12 students chose cycling and the remaining 3 went to the Science Centre.

There was a bicycle lane around the city and cyclists can easily rent a bike at rental points available at numerous spots in the city. According to the students, cycling in the city was fun and enjoyable, though there was a small accident during the activity. The accident was that Chaves fell on the ground when he was turning a corner along a bike lane. Luckily he only got slight scratches on his left hand and the nose. He was considered no need to be sent to the hospital for further treatment after examination by our teachers and staff of Shafston.

Students going to the Science Centre also had a meaningful afternoon. There were lots of things about physics for the students to see and learn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb