We have arrived!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Kangaroo Point
February 23rd 2011
Published: February 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had a good (but rather turbulent) flight. We are pleased to announce that we both managed to avoid the temptation of killing a small child who kept randomly screaming throughout the 14 hour flight, the parents you ask?! Well, they were fast asleep and ignoring the child.... GRRRR!

We landed in Brisbane on time and got straight through passport control and customs with no problems at all. We walked out into the arrivals hall expecting to see Dad and Sophie waiting for us, but in fact they had just got a coffee and were having an argument with the lid as it did not want to go onto the cup!

We were driven back to the appartment where we had some food and then got freshened up and changed into some more Australia weather friendly clothes.... eg. shorts!

We dropped Dad off at work and then carried on to Mount Coot-tha (well attempted to, guided by what can only be described as the most useless sat nav in the ENTIRE world 😞 When we FINALLY got there, we went up the scenic route and saw some birds and spiders. We looked out from the viewpoint and took some photos of the cityscape and surrounding scenery. Then on the way back down the mountain we stopped at a picnic area and saw a kookaburra sitting in... no, not an old gum tree... just a normal tree! We took some photos of him and then whilst walking down to the creek, we found a tiny little lizard and Chris picked it up and we took some photos.

We then went to the botanical gardens where we went through the cactus house and down to the lagoon. We saw ibis, a terrapin, moorhens and their babies, spiders, lizards, water dragons, dragonflies and lots of annoying school children!

When we got back to the appartment, we both had a sleep for an hour before going to pick Dad up from work in the valley. We then had meatballs for dinner, Chris says "it was amazing." We were then so tired that we only managed to play 2 games of Uno Attack before heading to bed at about 8pm.

Advertisement



24th February 2011

Fab blog!
Fab blog but what is a water dragon?
25th February 2011

A water dragon is a lizard like the ones in Cyprus that ran up the trees!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb