DAY 29 BIG RED BASH


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Birdsville
July 7th 2022
Published: July 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Depending on how we describe the early morning, either fresh or freezing, it was great to be up and feeling it. We organised ready to leave tomorrow morning knowing that (maybe) many other vehicles would be on the road.

We arrived at Big Red to find that Kerry and Dave had kindly set up our chairs in a great position. We readied ourselves just as the 2nd act commenced, The Lachy Doley Group. All the acts today were very entertaining and memorable. The mosh pit grew and grew and grew to ultimately overflowing when Jimmy Barnes performed. Sarah McLeod rocked heavy, Richard Clapton pleased everyone with current and past tunes, Mark Gable involved the crowd into a frenzy, Kasey Chambers brought class and humour to her performance, while young Jimmy left it to his final 5 songs to leave a lasting impression. He was very generous with his time.

Jane brought a Big Bash t-shirt and after donning it had to fight off sponsors! Me, I brought a bandana to cover my face to breathe a little easier due to the dust being kicked up by passerbys. No sponsors were sighted!

It was a great 3 days at the remotest music festival in the world. The BRB has grown each year and is a tremendous fund raiser for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Thank you, Birdsville, for surprising us. We fell in love with you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement




Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb