Atherton Again 30th-3rd Jan


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Atherton Tablelands
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cape TribulationCape TribulationCape Tribulation

Me, Lisa and Emma on some beach
After Palm Cove we had all got some decent suntans and so went back to the relatives for some more sightseeing and swimming. We swum in two big lakes (Eacham and Barrine) which were similar to the lake distrinct except warm enough to go in without a wetsuit. They are massive lakes that are part of a national park that anyone can swim in.
We got a trip to see Scotts farms which were ridiculously big because there's quite a bit of land here. The egg farm had 40,000 chickens which made a proper eerie sound when you walked down the 100m shed with caged chickens everywhere you looked. After that we came home where me and Sean proceeded to give the Aussies a good spanking at table tennis.

For New Years Eve we ended up going to a cross between a hoe down and a ballroom dancing competition... ideal. By the end of the night and with the help of my good friend Captain Lager we were all absolute masters of it (or saw it felt) and even got a 30 foot long conga of oldies going.

For New Years day we went down to the coast again
The FamilyThe FamilyThe Family

Scott, Glen, Lisa, Mum, Nanna, Kiralee, Ozzy, Sue, Aaron, Emma, Dad, Sean, Me, Lisa, Roy, Chloe, Liam, Kim, Brad (and the Kitchen sink)
to Cape Tribulation to check out some beaches, swim in a river and then ended up stopping off at Port Douglas and Palm Cove on the way home. There are some pretty spectacular beaches that go for miles all around the coast and they are all deserted. You feel like you are alone on a tropical Island and it gives plenty of opportunity to draw massive weapons on the beach.

The last day of staying with Roy and Glen, we went to a Mango farm to do a spot of Mango wine tasting. It isn't that nice but I'm sure after a couple of bottles it would do the same as any other.

The trip for the rest of the family came to an end on Tuesday the 3rd Jan but mine is just about to start. Travelling round and working to sleep and eat. Think I got my moneys worth out of the holdiday and must have put about a stone on just with steaks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Millaa Millaa Millaa Millaa
Millaa Millaa

Millaa Millaa Waterfall, whos the fairest of them all
Cape Tribulation LookoutCape Tribulation Lookout
Cape Tribulation Lookout

Lisa and Mum near Cape Tribulation
Mango FarmMango Farm
Mango Farm

Me with a shed loads of Mangos before tasting the Mango Wine
Coffee PlantationCoffee Plantation
Coffee Plantation

A visit to a coffee plantation coffee shop
Lager, LagerLager, Lager
Lager, Lager

Outside on the porch at night on the last day in Atherton. Everyone uses the insulating holders to keep the stubbies cold
Combine HavesterCombine Havester
Combine Havester

The Dominator 106 (me) sat in the wheel of the beast at the farm


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb