Tennant Creek


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -19.6498, 134.19

Had a good night at Connors Well and woke about 6.30 to a beautiful blue sky. We had brekky and set off for Devils Marbles. Stopped at Barrow Creek for a pit stop and looked around the pub. Reminds us of William Creek. So many mementos from travellers. Didn't take camera in, sorry. Back in the car to Whycliff Well for fuel as Barrow Creek was out of fuel. Only a quick stop there and then onto Devil's Marbles. Amazing place. Check out the pics. Anyway it was hot and windy and didn't look too inviting to stay so we decided to travel another 100km to Tennant Creek. Got in about 2pm.

Just as well we came here as the darn car played up again. Some stupid sensor that Mazda charged us $600 for about 18 months ago. The mechanic here re-did the computer thingy for us for $10 so he could buy a beer tonight. Might have to move to the country and bugger Mazda……

Booked into the caravan park here and got a really good site. Lovely grassed area. Showers. Air con 34 degrees today. Yeah I know you all have the heaters on. Off to Daly Waters tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



8th May 2017

Your trip looks great so far, is there much wildlife up that way? We've just come back from the Flinders Ranges and there were hundreds of Roos and emus everywhere! Enjoy the warm weather, take care xx

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb