Our time at Litchfield Tourist Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Litchfield
November 16th 2014
Published: March 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our third season at the Litchfield Tourist Park http://www.litchfieldtouristpark.com.au/has just drawn to a close and not surprisingly again we had a sensational time. The season for us this year went from mid March to mid November. Believe me if warm weather is what you desire then a Dry Season in the Top End of the NT is a remarkable place to be, from April to September the daily temp is low 30s – every day. The overnight minimum temp in the middle of the year is usually around 15 but this only lasts for maybe 5 or 6 weeks mind you it did get down as low as 6 on a couple of occasions. Blow me down, one morning I actually put my jumper on for a couple of hours but just the once. It is highly likely you will not see one drop of rain fall during this period.

The LTP is a lush green oasis in the middle of a dry and dusty journey for many a happy traveller, it is rewarding assisting them to make their holiday even more pleasurable. Don't be afraid to visit this area in the Wet Season either for a very different but
Night photographyNight photographyNight photography

Southern Cross just above the middle palm tree
still beautiful perspective.

Being our third year meant we had seen much of what the region had to offer and I’ve written about it in previous blogs suffice to say there is plenty to see and do. I have posted numerous photos to visually explain our goings on during this year. A first however was a night spent at the Mary River Wilderness Retreat on the Arnhem Hwy heading out to Kakadu, we hired a boat and cruised the river which was a very enjoyable experience. Keep your wits about you as these waters contain some very large crocs!



It was a great pleasure having some family and friends call in to spend some time with us and again we made some new friends along the way.



The wet season promotes an enormous amount of growth so burn offs commence as soon as things start to dry out and continue on a regular basis for a number of months. Sure the smoke is a tad annoying on those really still nights but it creates some magical lighting for photography.



Take care travel safe and remember it’s nice to be important but it’s important to be nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

At the buffalo farmAt the buffalo farm
At the buffalo farm

Very informative


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 17; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1111s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb