The Heat at 46C


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » King's Canyon
February 9th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The tour pick up time was 6am so had to be up and ready for this, they turned up at 615 and we went to pick a few more people up i total there was 17 of us on the tour.
The driver took the $25 park fee from us all then told us that we had a 2 hour drive before we stopped for breakfast then another 3 hours so most people went to sleep.
We stopped for breakfast and to refuel the bus then went on our way to Kings Canyon. We arrived at Kings Canyon and was advised about the walk we were going to take. We started the walk at 12:30pm and the temperature on the was 46C in the shade, we made a very steep climb and felt the heat where I had to take the inhaler going up. We all reached the top of the climb where there was another 5 km to go. A few of us felt that we could not go on, a mixture of the heat and the climb, so our guide advised it would be better for us to return to the bottom which we did do and waited for them to finish the full walk. We did miss out on some good scenery but our health is the main thing. whilst waiting we got talking and there was a couple doing a round the world trip for a year and she had her 60th birthday in Cairns and was surprised as her daughters had flown out for it. One of the daughters had just got good news before she left the UK , she was advised she is the co pilot for the next two years in Red arrow 1. When the rest of the group returned we got into the bus and went drove for 30 mins to a place called Curtain Springs, we turned off the tared road and went down a dirt track for 2 kms and set up camp for the night. The accommodation was in Swags which are a king of sleeping bag with a mattress in and a head cover. A meal was cooked for us by the driver.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb