Back again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » King's Canyon
February 13th 2018
Published: February 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It was time to go back to Kings Canyon. Back to where we broke down all that time ago.

After we spent the weekend packing up the van and after saying a tearful goodbye we left and headed for Erldunda. After spending the night there we slowly made our way to Watarrka National Park where Kings Canyon is situated.
After another night in the van we headed for the start - five months later and we were finally going to do Kings Canyon!

Watarrka National Park’s dénicher landscape of rugged ranged and rock holes are a lovely refuge for plants and animals. They are an important part of the park’s conservation and also a major visitor attraction.

Before arriving we had decided to do the 6km loop walk however when we arrived we found that walk had been shut - we were starting to wonder if something somewhere didn’t want us to see the canyon!
We decided to do the 4.8k South Wall Return Walk described as suitable for fit and experienced walkers!
The first part was terrible, step after step going up and up. However once I reached the top I know it was worth it!
The canyon was amazing. Looking down to the bottom from the very edge of the cliff, there aren’t really words.

Once we reached the bottom and after a little rest we decided to do the 2.6k Kings Creek walk through the canyon. Unfortunately due to a land slide part of that walk was shut so we were only able to do about half. The gentle slope through the Canyon and seeing all the different vegetation and hearing the different animals transformed you into another world.
After a long wait Kings Canyon was definitely worth it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb