Day 5 - Katherine. / Kakadu Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Katherine
July 3rd 2018
Published: July 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 - Katherine. / Kakadu

Today’s temperature was low 30s. Shorts and T/shirts time. We are not missing the Melbourne weather. Today we went to The Outback Experience show. We had booked this show from Melbourne based on online trip advisor reviews and the show did not disappoint. The show setting was a real stock horse and dog training farm. We were entertained by Tom Curtain two-time Australian Country Music Golden Guitar winner and horseman extraordinaire. He provided us with a taste on the inner workings of horse training and he used a real scenario and trained a horse in front of our very eyes. He also spent some time working with kelpie and border collie dogs. What a great show and it went for 3 hours. Lunch was in Katherine town and then after lunch we headed off to the Katherine Hot Springs. This was an interesting exercise with the springs having a few rock waterfalls that you needed to float over, or maybe just get your body scratched to hell. I survived the float down the creek with the water being a very comfortable temperature. We cooked lunch at camp and no doubt we will be going to bed early again tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb