Kakadu National Park (schnichla)


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hallo!!!

After a long break in Darwin we (Anne and me) found a place to stay provided by Annes friend Kevin. He brought us to Mars, a friendly Dutch guy living in Darwin. We booked our flights to Bali, but we still had time to spend in Australia, so we decided to visit the Kakadu National Park with a guided tour. First of all, it was very nice!!

The first day we went to the Adelaide River, where we watched the salties in jumping action from a boat. Now I know, why all aussis have so much respect of this animal, it is impressive, big and powerful. Then we went to Gunlom Gorge, nice waterfalls and our place to camp for two nights. Kakadu dreams organised everything very well, nice babies with kangaroo meat and buffalo sausages, super sandwiches in the afternoon and a funny helpful wise guide. The second day was the hiking day to remote waterfalls, with almost no tourists and nice bathing options - motorcar falls and many more. The last day we went to aboriginal sites with old to very ancient paintings, well explained by the guide and finally a last lookout over the whole area.

The whole tour was really worth the time and money. Be prepared for cold nights, but you are rewarded with skies full of stars and shooting stars, a nicelandscapes of course!!

After Kakadu we stayed some more days at Mars place, cooked, relaxed and finally took the flight to Bali!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb