Lazy Day and Massive Meals


Advertisement
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Little Corellas Enjoying SprinklersLittle Corellas Enjoying SprinklersLittle Corellas Enjoying Sprinklers

These Corellas were regular visitors to the Park, especially when roosting in large numbers in the trees nearby. These ones have found a sprinkler and are enjoying a bath and drink on this hot day.
Today was a rest day after all the walking yesterday in the heat. We went into Jabiru and found the supermarket (the one and only) and did some shopping. Then stopped at the Bakery for some fresh bread and some more pecan tarts, as we’d enjoyed the last ones so much. I also bought us each a quiche for lunch.



After stowing our purchases and eating our lunch I worked on my blog while Barry watched some movies with the headphones on, sitting in our air conditioned van. The conditioner works hard to cool us in high temperatures as it isn’t very powerful but we had good shade from the tree by mid-afternoon so it was fine.



In the evening we went to the poolside bar/bistro and had a drink and some dinner. Barry had a beef schnitzel with chips and (it nearly killed him but he ate it) salad while I chose buffalo snags with mashed sweet potato and peas, brussel sprouts and asparagus. It came with 4 sausages so I ate two and took two home for tomorrow! The veg was lovely, still very crispy, I think they’d waved it near the hot
A Lovely Shady Caravan ParkA Lovely Shady Caravan ParkA Lovely Shady Caravan Park

The Jabiru - Kakadu Lodge and Caravan Park has lots of large, shady trees, which look beautiful and keep you cooler, too.
water rather than cooking it, but delicious anyway. Barry’s schnitzel filled the whole plate but, as usual, he managed to eat it all.



While we were sitting eating, hundreds of Black Fruit Bats flew over in a continual stream for quite some time (and we could only see a small patch of sky through the trees so there were probably many more). One deviated from the pack and flew into the poolside area, landing in a tree nearby and staying for a short while then flying off again. It was quite large with its wings spread – lovely to see.



Then it was back to the van, now with the aircon off and all windows open, to continue the blog and TV watching. A nice lazy day in beautiful surroundings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Jabiru SupermarketJabiru Supermarket
Jabiru Supermarket

Being the only one in town it didn't need to worry about using a Chain name - it's actually an IGA.
Barry Lugging ShoppingBarry Lugging Shopping
Barry Lugging Shopping

Heading back to the ute, Barry insisted on carrying all the heavy bags. He really looks laden as he struggles past a group of local indigenous people in the popular afternoon pastime of sitting under trees or other shade and talking. Is this when they pass on their "Songs"?


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb