Australia Adventures day 5: East Alligator river


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Today we did some small things. At 9 am we left with a boat on the East Alligator river to see some crocodiles and learn about the Aboriginals. We saw like 30 crocodiles in 2 hours, a lot! And we learned about the hunting techniques and carving and rituals of the Aboriginals. The guide gave us some red paint the Aboriginals use for painting rock walls and other stuff and my sister and I got ourselves some tribal stripes. Also we heard all kinds of ghost stories about people getting attacked by crocodiles. Like a woman who went cayaking at 7 pm and got attacked but she survived eventually. And a 12 year old boy who got eaten. Kinda scary when a crocodile is 2 meters away from the boat..
After this little trip, we went back to the camping for some relaxing, eating and swimming in the ice-cold pool.
At 4 pm, my parents wanted to go to some wall paintings of the Aboriginals and have a guided tour, but my sister and I weren't that excited about that, so we walked a small part with them, and returned after half an hour. So we waited and played games for more than an hour to go back home. Now, we're waiting to have diner.
See you soon and enjoy your further holiday!!

Kisses, Rosalinde


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb