Cruise start


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
April 24th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cruise routeCruise routeCruise route

10 nights cruising on the way to Broome.
Geo: -12.4718, 130.846

A short distance to the Fort Hill Wharf to board at 8am for a 9am departure. There was a NZ Navy ship Endeavour at the wharf and all those entering the wharf had to go through security and have their IDs photographed.

Our cabin is utilitarian rather than luxurious, and the bathroom is a moulded plastic nook. There is however, well planned and ample storage for clothing and personal effects.

There is a cruise leader and two guest lecturers on board. Most of our excursions will be via the "Explorer", a tender boat that can accommodate all the passengers and is stowed on a hydraulic platform at the ship's stern. There is also an inflatable "Zodiac" boat for uses not yet clear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Coral PrincessCoral Princess
Coral Princess

Built in 1988 and refurbished recently. Crew of 14 for a maximum of 46 passengers. Apparently in the recent refit they installed a fast wi-fi system. Not complimentary but the price seems reasonable, depending on the speed.
Cabin 401DCabin 401D
Cabin 401D

Lots of drawers and the suitcases fit under the bed.
CabinCabin
Cabin

Bathroom door partially obscured beyond wooden cupboard door.
Moulded bathroomMoulded bathroom
Moulded bathroom

Shower around the corner to the left.
ExplorerExplorer
Explorer

Tender boat for excursions. Powered by twin 150hp outboard motors that deliver a cruising speed of 19 knots. Includes a toilet.


1st May 2015

Cabin looks great and better than the tiddly bunk in the cabin we had. Good photo of you!

Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb