Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
June 16th 2016
Published: July 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Mindil Beach Sunset Market.
We visited the Market twice. The market is held every Thursday and Sunday evening. The food is amazing, you can eat Thai,Sri Lankan, Indian, Chinese, Malaysian, Brazilian, Greek and Portuguese. There is also lots of art, clothes and craft stalls.
We ate numerous dishes for dinner, from laksa, crocodile spring rolls, souvlaki , rice and noodles as the sun went down sitting on the beach. Our main purchase was mozzie coil holders in the shape of lizard and prey mantas.
Regular Entertainment consists of a circus type performer with dog and a Mick the Whip cracker. Ally, Billy and Tom all able to crack a whip.
On the final weekend of our stay in Darwin the V8 Supercars were in town and the V8 drivers were signing autographs. I was able to get Craig Lownes's photo.

NightCliff Market
We visited the Nightcliff market one Sunday for lunch, here we've indulged in a variety of foods and enjoyed the entertainment with Merilee Cox.
The stalls st Nightcliff similar to those at Mindil Market. There was a reptile stall where Billy held a very large olive python, which everyone else was able to touch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0689s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb