Broome to Darwin Day 9 - Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
May 3rd 2012
Published: May 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

As the clock had gone forward when we drove into Darwin the previous day we got up when it was still dark which felt strange as we had always been waking up naturally with sunrise for the last 21 days. The ground was wet this morning as there was a large storm last night - the first rain we have seen since leaving Melbourne in March!

Rich cooked bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and then drive us to Katherine Gorge where we went on a couple if walks. It was very humid again although it was overcast when we started the walk. We walked to a lookout point over the Katherine Gorge before some boulder scrambling down to the floor of the gorge where there was a waterfall we could swim in. There were some little fish in the water who gave us a free pedicure, nibbling away at our toes. The swim was very refreshing and have us some energy to walk back out of the gorge. We walked over to another lookout point further down the river before heading back to the bus.

Back at camp a couple if the tour group had decided to not do the walk so they prepared lunch so that it was ready for when we got back. Rich had smoked some Barramundi the previous night so we had that with a selection of salad and some barbecued chicken which was a welcome break from the usual lunch of salad sandwiches.

The afternoon was spent driving 4 hours into Darwin. Nick and Rich gave us a bit of a tour of the city, which didn't take long since the CBD is only 3 streets wide. They then dropped everyone off at our hotels and hostels where we had a quick shower before heading out to meet the group for a final dinner and drinks together in one of the nearby Bars called Monsoons. And later we all hit the dance floor together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb