A Tale of Great Service


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
August 30th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

A tale of great service …

Up early to check the car again. Once we turned off the previous evening, it wouldn’t restart. Nothing I could do would make our beloved Sonja Kluger restart. After checking with the office, and adding another night to our stay in Darwin, I started calling auto mechanics and auto electricians to try and book the car in. Most were booked solidly until Friday or even the following week. It wasn’t looking good.

I called the NRMA road assistance line, and was put straight through to AANT. Within an hour, they had a contractor at the gates of the caravan park. He started our car, and verified that the battery was dead. It would have to be replaced. He asked me to follow him to his shop, and he’d get the battery replaced right away. Once there, I asked whether he could fit us in for a service, just to make sure that the strange lights on the dash board weren’t anything out of the ordinary. He assured me that there was one car on the blocks, but we’d be next. He drove me back to the caravan park, and promised to have the car done by 1pm (so we could take Mum to the airport). Sure enough I received a call at quarter to one, he picked me up from the caravan park, and I made necessary payments. Our car was running again, and we were assured there were no major issues, or mechanical problems to worry about!

All this time, Mum had been packing her bags, getting ready to fly home, and the boys and Katrina had been playing in the pool. It was a welcome respite to moving every day.

After dropping Mum at the airport, we went to the mall, and purchased a set of jumper leads for the car!

Song of the Day: Rabbit Song by Boy & Bear
Game of the Day : Marco Polo


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb