Northern Territory - Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
October 27th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We crossed over the border for NT, we had to change our watches onwards 1hr 30mins.

We headed for a place called Katherine Gorge, created by the Katherine River, 12 Gorges in total, this place was lovely, you feel like your inthe middle of nowhere but your only 30k from the town Katherine. The campsite was nice with a big pool and a snack van!

Once the sun went down Wallabys came alive and they werent worried about us.

We did a walk up to the top of Gorge 1, and it was so hot, the warning sign said 50 degrees which we could beleive, then the next day we went canoeing along the gorge (Fresh Water Crocs Live here) but luckly we didnt see any!


We left here for Kakadu National Park, World Hertiage Site, and we booked ourselves on a cruise to see the Saltwater Crocs and we saw loads and lots of bird life, it was really interesting and nice to see crocs in their natural habitat (not like the farm in Cambodia).

We choose to leave here a day earlier and we headed for Darwin and we went to an ourdoor cinema to see Wall-e and Stu loved it, i could hear him laughing away! Fish "n"Chips tonight - YUM!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Crocs rest areaCrocs rest area
Crocs rest area

Along the gorge


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb