day 15 12.8.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
August 15th 2008
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post



Left Katherine mid morning as we were not in a hurry and on our way to Darwin. We are not booked in at the Oasis caravan park in Darwin till the next day so we had to do a free spot somewhere. We stopped at Pine Creek for lunch and on the map it seams like a decent size town but in reality it isn’t. Took a tour of the railway museum, a whole 10 mins pretty sad.

Got to just south of Adelaide River and I said to Marg “let’s stop at Adelaide River caravan park behind the pub and road house as it was very hot again. Took the wrong turn and ended up in a small car park with a right hand corner on it, next to no chance of backing up so decided to do a 3 point turn with everyone in the pub watching, Marg didn’t get out to guide me so I relied on the camera on the back of the van didn’t hit any buildings or the motor bike parked there. And no clapping from the pub how sweet it was.

Booked in and cost $20 well spent as air con on again all day. Bailey was excited as it was the first placed we stayed for a while that had green grass and not dirt. He could piss like a boy dog and not a girl. We had dinner (buffet) at the pub for $16 a head and it was worth it. In the pub was the old bullock in croc Dundee II.

As we left Adelaide River we went to the WWII war cemetery then off to Darwin



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb