Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
June 9th 2008
Published: June 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So what’s happened over the last few days…since we last wrote we went on the Kakadu After Dark Cruise. At first we thought we had wasted our money as for the first 15 minutes we saw two birds and were getting attacked by millions of mozzies living in the billabong. Then the crocs came out we saw three or four big ones swimming right next to the boat as well as some huge barramundi and even a cane toad so it was definitely worth it. We took it easy driving back to the caravan park as we didn’t want to hit any wildlife, managed to run over a couple of cane toads though and it’s true, they do pop.

Headed to Darwin on Friday, stopped at the famous Humpty Doo pub for a beer on the way and checked into the Big 4 Caravan Park about 15km out of Darwin. We watched the footy and ate bad pizza in the Park Bistro. Moved onto the Hidden Valley Caravan Park for Saturday night as the local drags were on at the race track just down the road so we went there, saw some quick/loud dragsters which was cool. Saw the crows play on the big screen at one of the pubs and glad to see them get up.

Moved onto the Leprechaun Caravan Park for last night and tonight as it is the closest to Darwin, right next to the airport so we have planes flying over all day. The good part is the RAAF base is also there so we have had the fighter jets training above us all day, very cool, although Amy is getting sick of them now cause she cant hear Neighbours. I however am in heaven watching them fly over us flat out. We drove a little further into suburban Darwin last night and found a dodgy looking tiny thai restaurant and it was the most wonderful food. Amy is particularly in love and wants to go and stock up the fridge.

Tomorrow we’re going to the local Crocodile and Wildlife Park before heading to Litchfield National Park for two nights. Flying home Saturday morning, 3am to be exact and arriving in Adelaide at 6am so we’ll have to stay awake for that. It will no doubt be a long day and night.

Hope you’re all still enjoying our blog. We’ve had a great time and cant believe it is coming to and end although looking forward to our trip to Thailand in a resort and a king size bed

Off to Darwin to check out the night life now.

Seeya


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb