26th February 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

26th February 2008
Today we left Yungaburra to go to Cairns Airport to catch a plane to Darwin in Northern Territory.
The weather was overcast and it had been forecast for showers.
Whilst packing our things in the motel this morning a very large dog wandered into the room. The motel owner had never seen the dog before so he could have been a stray but was very friendly.
After breakfast we paused briefly at the platypus viewing platform in the hope of catching a glimpse of these creatures but the creek was still swollen after the rain in the night making the visibility very poor. We did see some activity near the nest site but didn't actually see a platypus.
It was a pleasant drive along the Gillies range of hills and down to the plains outside Cairns. We discovered Bob had left his coat and fleece somewhere between Mackay and Cairns, so we spent sometime at the airport trying to locate lost property offices, but no luck so I hope it doesn't get cold or rain (ha ha ) too much.
We had a smooth flight from Cairns to Darwin the flight was 2.5 hours but Darwin is 30 minutes ahead of Cairns??
We had a pub dinner tonight and whilst we were having a meal on the terrace of the pub a possum climbed down a tree on the terrace to see if there were any scraps so we did our wildlife photography tonight sitting in the pub.
Tomorrow we are off to Kakadu very early so we had better have an early night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb