Day 11 - Darwin / Kakadu Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin
July 9th 2018
Published: July 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 - Darwin. / Kakadu Trip

Only one planned activity today but boy was it a doozy. We booked to go on a Crocodile jumping tour. There are a few of these types of tours and we went to the original one set up about 30 years ago. Well we were not disappointed. Let me just say it was frightening to see these majestic killer creatures at such close range. They were jumping out of the water as close as 50cm from us. It was funny watching Tracey cringe. Check out the photos.

After this momentous cruise we headed off to the Darwin War Museum. Now the impact of World War II was lost on me until I went to this museum. The bombing of Darwin in Feb 1942 had such a great impact on Darwin it had repercussions for years to come. I didn’t realise people had lost so so much until we went to this museum.

After the museum we went to a rocky foreshore to enable Xavier to do some fishing. If we didn’t know any better you would think Xavier was a novice at fishing. He gave up in frustration and we headed back home.

Dinner was at a local pub called the Humpty Doo Hotel. Xavier tried crocodile and Buffalo meat for the first time. Not sure how impressed he was. I stayed with the traditional T-Bone steak and it was a ripper of a steak.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Beautiful to look out but you cant swimBeautiful to look out but you cant swim
Beautiful to look out but you cant swim

No swimming due to possibility of crocodiles and killer jellyfish
The local forshore. The local forshore.
The local forshore.

Dont hang around here at high tide or you will be eaten by crocodiles or even bull sharks if you are not already dead from the stinging jellyfish.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb