End of Oz


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
March 30th 2012
Published: April 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Once we left phillip island and Melbourne we started heading across the coast of victoria towards the NSW border. We had a bit of an exciting/scary night where we found ourselves in the middle of nowhere empty on full with no sivilisation insight. We stopped down a road for the night an woke up to a beautiful view over a lake with mountains in the bakground with the steam rising off the lake from the morning sunrise heat. perfect. Only problemm is we woke up and then saw a 'strictly no camping' sign and our van still empty.

After filling up the most i had ever put in the van we were on our way. to be honest most of victorias south coast was pretty boring and as we headed into NSW suddenly it got better.

We enjoyed some amazing days relaxing on the beaches and spending time in different cities. Wollongong is not only a funny word but also a city below Sydney and it is pretty cool.

We then headed into Sydney for our last few days in Oz before flying out. We went to see some contempory art. Some of it i understood and loved and some i was left puzzled. Bondi beach was real nice. lush sand and clear waters.

There wasn't any aussie rules games on as the season hadn't started yet but we did get to sit through a training sesion of a team who looked half decent... brutal.

We saw the Sydney sights before hitting Paddy's marketagain and making our long walk out of the city to where we could find free parking. We returned our van with no complications thankfully and booked into a hotel before an early start the next morning.

Flying to New Zealand!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb