Arriving in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
February 9th 2012
Published: February 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dear Australia... our new friend,

It's been a lovely first couple of days seeing you!

We arrived and were greeted by R + R at the airport, where we had a good catch up on all that we had been up to and visa versa. We found our hotel and had a nice long rest. I thought you would like to know that we hired some bikes and went to Hillsong church in the morning, we carried on with our bikes to visit 'Paddys Market' and then on to darling harbour after that, which, I'm sure you know, is the biggest natural harbour in the world.

The next day we walked to the tower in Sydney that is 309 Meters high, which had an awesome view over Sydney; we saw where we were the day previous and also saw the Opera house and that big famous bridge behind it. That afternoon we walked close to the bridge and the Opera house and took lots of pictures. The walk we had in your Sydney park was amazing, we hadn't seen a nice bit of proper open greenery since we were in England. After a stroll in the park we came across an art museum which we had a walk around inside, trying to guess what some of the 'art' even was.

The next day was the day we picked up the 'campa' and headed for the blue mountains. We eventually got there after an awesome drive in the huge 6 birth campervan. After a sunny couple of days you let out a soft drizzle of rain, which I really liked (after 5 months of boiling hot sun and thundery, turrential downpours).

We had our first night the campa which was a little bit chilly but I much prefer wrapping a duvet around me rather than having a fan on full and pushing the sheet away. This morning we went to visit a couple of your really nice water falls in the rain forest. We had an awesome walk, with the clouds lifting long enough to see some amazing sights. It was still a little bit cold and wet up in your mountains...

...Australia... you know I said earlier I liked this wet and cold weather, well... I changed my mind, can we please have some hot sun as we make our way out of the mountains to go to the beaches?

All our pictures of you are on Facebook for others to see, I hope you don't mind.

I'll write you another letter, perhaps in a few days.

Lots of love sent from the wilker-walter crew.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb