The last entry


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
October 4th 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well it is the final day and our entries certainly slowed down in the last few weeks. Busy and tired I guess. We did 3 theme parks in 3 days-the kids were on fire and I was exhausted. They loved it, especially wet and wild as they met up with friends. The novelty of Gav and I had worn off. We then headed to a great park on the beach just north of Coffs Harbour. The weather was not the best and it was a shame we didn't have longer. We had seenmour first rain in nearly 7 weeks during this previous weeks. I had been thinking how well we had done with no illnesses, coughs or colds. I spoke too soon. One flip (by accident) on a small waterside at the caravan park saw Will snap his front adult tooth. We then spent the next 4 hours in the hospital emergency waiting to be seen. It is amazing how that relaxed feeling can disappear in seconds. The doctor sealed the tooth to avoid infection and we were off to the dentist the next morning. Poor Will was very upset. So we now need to deal with this when we get home as it can't be repaired. It could be worse and he is okay. At least he will have a permanent reminder of the trip!
We are now on our last stretch of driving, after staying in Tamworth and Narrandera. The scenary has changed once again to huge tracts of crops. Gav showed the kids the university in Armidale where he had lived after school and he really enjoyed that. The kids have continued to be great. They have been missing their friends but have so many wonderful experiences behind them. Both seem to have grown up somewhat.
We estimate that we have covered 9000km with so many petrol stops that we have lost count. We have covered coastal towns in sth aust,qld and nsw ,wineries, desert, outback, tropical islands, theme parks, the red centre,the great barrier reef, so many diverse types of farmland and people from so many areas. We have driven and driven, hiked, walked on beautiful beaches, fished, swum, surfed, body surfed, shopped,been to many outdoor cinemas, met people, visited many great places of learning, set up the van 18 times (not that we are counting), theme parked,jet skied, and so on.

We have seen wild emus, feral camels,dingoes, 1 cane toad,kangaroos, a dugong, whales, great barrier reef marine life, so many beautiful bird types, lizards.

It will be very sad to finish but all good things must end. We are looking forward to catching up with family and friends.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb