Crikey, another blog!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
December 16th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone. Well our last blog ended after Fraser Island. After We left their we headed down to a place called Noosa. We heard it was menna be good here so we booked a few nights. Our first day in Noosa we went for a walk around the national park. It had really good views and we saw some amazing wildlife. We saw our first turtle swimming about the sea which was great. We then went down to have a closer look at him and ended up seeing loads. We also went to the top of this cliff to 'dolphin point' however we saw no dolphins. As we were walking back we also saw our fisrt koala in a tree asleep! It was the cutest thing i have ever seen. We were both glad that we saw one in the wild.

Whilst in Noosa we also went to the Steve Irwin zoo. I thought the zoo was amazing but Dan wasnt that impressed with it (mainly because there were no monkeys.) I was supprised by the lack of different animals there were, but the ones which were there were pretty cool. We stroked Kangaroos, wombats and even held a koala! This was the highlight of the zoo as he really snuggled into me. Plus just before i got him he decided to poo on the girl infront of me and not on me! There were loads of crocs, lizards and they had a show on with some crazy guy annoying a croc then feeding him. He was no Steve Irwin though! Our new favourite animal is the Wombat! THey are so funny and they just charge about. When we were leaving the zoo there was a woman who worked there pulling around a wombat in a trailor. It was so funny and he just sat there looking around.

The next day in noosa we went back to the national park and saw even more turtles, lizards and this time loads of dolphins! In our last night in Noosa we had a night out in the hostel with Tom and David (two guys we have stayed in contact with and have met up loads along the way). Dan nearly sang 'my lumps' by the black Eyed Peas however karaoke had just finished! I was very relieved!

We then headed even further down south and spent a few nights in Brisbane. We weren't really looking forward to here but it wasn't too bad. Its an amazing city, it had a european feel about it and had a great lagoon. We did our first christmas shopping here and there were christmas trees and carolers everywhere which was good. However we saw some kids miming some carols! Phonies! Throughout our trip me and Dan seem to attract random people. We did again in Brisbane! A lady called Cathy, we reckon she was in here late 30s and was from New Zeland. She was really nice but she just wouldnt leave us alone. We were then stuck with her for the next 3 days.

After Brisbane we headed to a place called Surfers Paradise. We only had 2 nights here and we were glad of it. I quite liked it here (mainly because i had the best milkshake ever) but it rained and was cold for the 2 days so we were happy to leave at the end. It was full of bars and clubs but it was crazily expensive. Also there were police everywhere and we saw so many people getting arrested. It wasnt rough, just the police are so strict here. One guy got arrested because he was drinking a bottle of beer in the street!

After Surfers we headed down to Byron Bay (which we are still currently in.) We love it here and the weather is amazing! We will tell you all about it in the next blog x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb