Day 150 Wellington


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
January 12th 2008
Published: January 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A trip of about 100Km today with a short stop in Molong for a look around at the old buildings. Set up camp a the caravan park about 6Km out of town and then went for a look around Wellington which is spread out town with a population of about 4,500. Had a drink at the golf club and then did very little else apart from a walk around a fossil trail which is right beside the caravan park. Is VERY hot, probably in the high 30’s so the air conditioner in the van is much appreciated.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MolongMolong
Molong

Some beautiful old buildings in the main street.
BakeryBakery
Bakery

Wellington also has some great old buildings.
WellingtonWellington
Wellington

This row of terrace houses fascinated me with the chimneys and television aerials.
Wellington Sculpture 1Wellington Sculpture 1
Wellington Sculpture 1

This is by the entrance to the caravan park and caves which we will be looking at while we are here. It is enormous. The main parts of the ‘pod’ are girders of the Wellington Bridge which collapsed in 1989. It depicts the shape of a seed pod.
Wellington Sculpture 2Wellington Sculpture 2
Wellington Sculpture 2

A description of the sculpture.
Wellington Sculpture 3Wellington Sculpture 3
Wellington Sculpture 3

Part of the wall. The wall depicts the local ranges and is designed from aboriginal art. Each pillar has artwork and ceramics on it.
Wellington Sculpture 5Wellington Sculpture 5
Wellington Sculpture 5

Part of one of the ‘legs’ of the pod showing flowers and leaves.
Trail 1Trail 1
Trail 1

Some fossils??
Trail 2Trail 2
Trail 2

Real fossils in rocks dated at about 400 millions years old.
Caravan Park.Caravan Park.
Caravan Park.

A view over the park. Is a wonderful setting. Our van is on the left.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb