What to do over the rainy weeks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
November 5th 2007
Published: November 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The last few weeks have been filled with a lot of rain and little sunshine. We've made the best of it and kept busy. We attended the Australian Surf Movie Festival, done a lot of cleaning around the flat (Deanne's idea), and explored around Bondi Beach Headlands. We even made it out surfing, even though they weren't the best conditions. See some of the pictures from the last few weeks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Date NiteDate Nite
Date Nite

Deanne and I decided to treat ourselves to a night out on the town after all our hard work.
Australian Surf Movie FestivalAustralian Surf Movie Festival
Australian Surf Movie Festival

Attending the best surf film festival ever. Got to check out some cool upcoming Aussie surf movies and a cool local band- with bongos!!!
Trying to stay dryTrying to stay dry
Trying to stay dry

We found this place at Bondi and decided to settle in for a while. It looked like a small dive from the outside, but it extended back to this huge room with vaulted ceilings, heaps of pillows and comfy benches, and a big screen playing music videos from all different eras.
Not so sunny dayNot so sunny day
Not so sunny day

Look at those waves! There's a benefit to a stormy, windy day.
Sculptures on the cliffsSculptures on the cliffs
Sculptures on the cliffs

A giant snail shell and a miniature Sydney bridge! Every year Bondi puts on an art exhibit with sculptures positioned into the surroundings along this path that follows the coastline between Bondi and Tamarac. The art work was pretty interesting, but I think the cliffs and coastline were far more impressive.
Cleaning DayCleaning Day
Cleaning Day

Josh had a blast sweeping the flat! I think we brought half of the beach home with us
Dinner for twoDinner for two
Dinner for two

It turns out I'm not such a bad chef after all. I guess I just needed a reason to cook :)


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb