Day 167 - Ballina to Yamba on Lenny's birthday


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Yamba
September 10th 2015
Published: September 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

YambaYambaYamba

Yachts moored in Yamba Bay
Yamba was voted the best town in Oz in 2009 by Australian Traveller Magazine. We thought we would check it out on the way south.

First of all though were birthday wishes from the family and a surprise cake. We had breakfast and then birthday cake.

On the way to Yamba, we stopped at a rest area and had coffee and out came the carrot cake again. It tasted excellent.

We arrived in Yamba about lunchtime and decided a walk around the beach to the shops would be in order. Our caravan park was close to the beach and breakwater (like Ballina) and we had a lovely walk looking at the yachts that were moored, and the birds before we got to the beach. Yamba has a few small cliffs to walk around, but eventually we arrived at the swimming pool. It was closed for cleaning but looked like a great place for the locals to hang out with wonderful ocean views.

We walked back up to the main street and looked at the shops. The fish and chip shop in town had lots of fresh fish but we decided on chips for lunch!

Of course,
YambaYambaYamba

The lighthouse at Wooli Bay
after we got through the chips we felt like a drink and we spied a likely cafe up a side street.

Just a small Turkish cafe / bar actually but the owner was happy to serve us "just coffees". The couple at the table next door said "You need to order cake - they are great". So, we asked about the cake menu and ordered cake; a raspberry pavlova and orange and almond cake. They were delicious. Georgi and the owner started talking about Turkey and then it seemed like they were old friends. Sevtap (cafe owner) also had Turkish cook books for sale so we had to get the latest. Such a friendly and genuine person.

A lovely day. One can never eat too much (good) cake!

Thanks Georgi!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

YambaYamba
Yamba

Surf crashes against the cliffs
YambaYamba
Yamba

Georgi on the cliffs
YambaYamba
Yamba

An empty pool (getting readied for the summer months)
BeachWood, YambaBeachWood, Yamba
BeachWood, Yamba

The third course of cake for the day! Lucky that birthdays only come once a year!
BeachWood, YambaBeachWood, Yamba
BeachWood, Yamba

Georgi and Sevtap


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb