Brisbane Beckons


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Yamba
November 25th 2006
Published: November 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Aussies are up 9 and 609 to 7 and 162 over England in the big cricket match taking place in Brisbane at the moment...the Barmy Army must be devastated... I may sound like I know what I'm talking about...haven't a clue. The "Ashes" as they call them, are on 6.5 hrs a day, and they say there are 30,000 tourist in Brisbane to see this series alone...it has me worried about accomodations.
o look at stars.Since my last blog, which I wasn't sure if I finished as I clicked the publish button about .5 seconds before my time expired and logged me out. Since Batemans Bay Kyra and I have driven to Sydney, which is large and confusing, especially from the wrong side of the street. We found a very nice hotel(although a bit pricey) right on Bondi Beach. We checked out a backpackers hostel and the price upgrade was WELL WORTH IT, crikies those backpackers can live in filth! We played in the waves and explored Sydney on our second day (by bus) seeing the Aquarium, The Sydney Opera House and the Botanical Gardens.
After Sydney we drove up to Lemon Tree Passage where we invented a game of Pool Tackle Hockey (Kyra won 10-8) in the swimming pool and got lost on a Koala Walk...not to mention we didn't spot any!
Next day found us in South West Rocks where we (eventually) played in the surf again. Our drive up had us on a detour on The Lakes Way where we found a georgeous 7 mile long beach with incredible shells and waves and i swear, 1 other person as a tiny speck in the distance. We enjoyed a pizza and a nice walk on the boardwalk to look at stars.
Yesterday we drove up to Yamba which again had an amazing array of beautiful beaches. We smashed ourselves into waves for a couple of hours and chilled at the Bowls Club for dinner.
Today we drove up to Tweed Heads which is on the border of Queensland and New South Wales, in fact our motel is in New South Wales, and I'm typing from Queensland. We're about to hit the beach again, then it's off to Brisbane tomorrow to meet up with Kristina, Grant and little Jack. We'll be stopping at Wet 'n Wild...a very large water park.
Haven't heard from Kristina so I don't know how Joyride did, but congratulations on making the final 16 as that is a huge accomplishment in itself.

More to come...and a swear I'll get a photo or two on here eventually.
Ryan and Kyra.

Advertisement



26th November 2006

Hello From Sechelt
That whoud say snowy Sechelt... best you stay where you are! Sounds like the two of you are having a great time, hitting all the beaches and exploring the cities. We SO enjoy your e-mails. Soon you will be meeting up with Kristina/Mumma, Grant and Jack and I bet every one is excited. I just hope you can find each other! Keep having such a fun trip and Ryan, keep those e-mails coming, we love them.
28th November 2006

oh canada.....SNOW
Well...lets see. There is 16 inches piled up outside and its still coming down, and so are the heavy laden branches...making lots of power outagaes. I am currently warm and dry... had to venture out to x-ray my hand which isnt healing too fast...another 2 weeks in a splint now. grrrrrr At least im getting paid...finally. I will be in the city again to check on things this weekend... all is well so far. Hope you are enjoying the surf and sun... xoxoxjenica
3rd December 2006

Sounds like we all want to be there. Winter is here for real. Major snow and wind on the coast and 20+ below here. This is great Ryan,traveling vicariosly, keep it up. Our love to Kyra and Kristina and company.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb