Ringland's Tassie Trip 1 - Leadup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Umina Beach
January 13th 2022
Published: January 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

This will be our first major caravan trip. We had planned a 4 month trip to Western Australia from July 2021 however Covid lockdowns and border closures forced us to postpone this trip to hopefully July 2022. This trip to Tasmania will be around 7 weeks from February to early April. We have been told that this will be more than enough time to cover the whole state as we will not be doing any major bushwalks which can add many days/weeks to any Tassie holiday. In order to get a booking for our Landcruiser and caravan we had to book 3 months in advance, February to June is considered an ideal time to visit Tassie and due to limited availability of car spaces on the Melbourne to Devonport ferry (Spirit of Tasmania) these get booked out very quickly. We will be travelling on the day ferry (0950 to 1930) and returning on the night ferry (1930 to 0600) we have booked a private twin cabin for both trips. This will allow us to be isolated from other passengers on the trip to Tasmania as the last thing we want is to be sick at the start of out holiday. Total coast of large car and van (15 metres total length and overheight van -3.2 metres) is just on $2500. We will be taking a leisurely drive from home (Umina Beach NSW) to Melbourne (950km) allowing for 5 overnight stops our last stop will be the Discovery Park caravan park in Braybrook which is only 15km from the ferry terminal. There is just over 3 weeks before we head off so until then we are nervously watching the daily Covid news releases from NSW, Victoria and Tasmania in case any sudden lockdowns or border closures are introduced. Also until our departure day we are greatly restricting any outside contact to reduce the risk of getting Covid.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb