Camping and fishing trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tweed Heads
September 21st 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Cup of teaCup of teaCup of tea

Making a cup of tea - camping style!
On Friday, Dad got home at about 16:00 and we got all of the camping things out and packed them into bags and boxes. We packed the car up and set off down to New South Wales. We got stuck in a bit of a traffic jam so came off the highway at Nerang and got pizza for dinner. We had a ham and mushroom pizza and then we tried a dessert pizza. It was a pizza base with chocolate on it and dusted with icing sugar. It was quite nice. We got back onto the highway and drove the rest of the way to Hastings Point and the campsite.

When we got there, we checkd in at reception and then set up our tents in the dark. We were on plot number 6, which was right at the back of the campsite in a corner, so it was nice and secluded. We walked to the garage to get some milk and orange juice and then made a cup of tea on the BBQ. It took ages for the water to boil, but we got there in the end!

We went to bed at about five past nine and I watched a DVD before going to sleep. I didn't sleep very well because it was very windy and the trees next to us were creaking really loudly every time the wind blew!

At around 06:20 on Saturday morning, a dog started barking and it wouldn't stop, so I couldn't get back to sleep. I got up and went outside to read my book. Then I got back in my tent and carried on reading my book until Dad woke up. We had showers and got dressed before heading out to Pottsville to go to the IGA to get supplies for breakfast. We stopped at a coffee shop so that Dad could get coffee and then drove back to the campsite.

We made a breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages, toast and beans and sat in our chairs and ate it along with a lovely cup of tea. When we were finished, we set up all of the fishing gear and headed to Kingscliff and tried to find a sports shop. We couldn't find one, so we went down to the beach and went for a walk. We went in the sea and were looking in all of the
LaurenLaurenLauren

Me drinking my cuppa.
rockpools and poking in all of the crevasses with a stick that we had found. I poked the stick in one hole, and ran away screaming when out came two red and white tentacles! I told Dad that there was an octopus in there, but he didn't believe me! I gave him the stick and told him where to look and he poked around and didn't find anything, so told me that there was definitely nothing in there. I made him try again one more time and out came an octopus! It was quite big, and Dad made it grab the end of the stick and dragged it out of the hole. We had to get out of the sea then because the tide was coming in, and the octopus was getting washed towards us! It was really cool though.

We then went on into the town of Kingscliff and got pies for lunch at the shopping centre. We then went back to the campsite and went to the lap pool and did a bit of swimming (and sitting in the spas).

After having showers and getting dressed we drove into Pottsville and went to the bait shop. We bought some prawns and some white pilchards and some more weights and hooks and then set off back to the beach at Kingscliff. We spent about 45 minutes there but didn't get any bites and kept getting caught on weeds and rocks at the bottom. We ended up giving up there and then decided to try the estuary under the bridge by the campsite. Dad caught one fish and then the tide started coming in too fast for us to keep moving all the gear back so we went back to the campsite.

We had sausage sandwiches for dinner and cups of tea. We played a game of cribbage and then went to bed at about half past nine.

We were up at 05:45 on Sunday morning as high tide was at 09:15. We got dressed and drove down to the estuary. We started fishing and within a few minutes I had caught a fish. Then Dad caught a fish. Over the next two hours I caught 5 more fish and Dad didn't catch any more. At about 09:00 we decided that we had had enough and went into Pottsville to have breakfast.

After breakfast we packed all of our camping things up and packed up the car. I drove back to Brisbane and we surprised Sophie by getting back at 12:00.

The rest of the day was spent food shopping and cooking.

I had a really good time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb