Stunning Tumut


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Tumut
October 24th 2011
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tumut is not somewhere that would be on the radar for a lot of people. It is a little off the beaten track, but as I sit here stairing out my office window I am thinking about the gorgeous green hills that surround this lovely town.

The drive in along a windy road is through soft verdant green hills that are simply stunning. I actually stopped to car, turned if off and just took it in......

The town is dominated by a huge hill in the centre, if it ws england there would abe a castle there! I cruised around town, went up the hill and had a look and was taken aback by the natural beauty of the place.......I had to find somewhere to stay the night so went to tripadvisor and plugged in tumut, the usual country motels popped up but Merivale Tumut had some great reviews, so I cruised on over and checked in for the night. It was probbaly the best country motel I had ever stayed in, well worth it , their site is http://merivaletumut.com.au I cant recommend them highly enough.

After dumping the car I went for a stroll around town. It has the usual country feel,and is very neat and clean. I had a brillaint pie at the local bakery, and came across a very scary shop who specialises in taxidermy!

The pubs are what you would expect of a contry town, but they were all welcoming, I didnt find anywhere great to eat I forgot to ask at the motel dooh!

The proximity to the dams makes it a summer desitnation as well. And I am told there are trout in the rivers!

I didnt have the chance to stay long but I will actually go back and spend some more time in this very picturesque town, a 4 hour drive from Sydney is well worth the trip!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb