After a Long Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Toukley
October 1st 2015
Published: October 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Ashleigh: So this is our travel blog test before our big trip to Austria at the end of the year. We have made our way from Canberra to NSW on the Central Coast. Our final destination is Harrington, but we decided to take advantage of Albert's grandparents living halfway to mine and stopping for the night.

So... Norah Head. A 2 minute drive from the slightly larger town of Toukley. It is more of a retirement area for people over sixty, but it's by the beach, so no complaining from me!

We arrived about 2:30 in the afternoon, exhausted. The trip was about 4.5 hours long and as I don't drive a manual car Albert had to do all the driving.

When we arrived our first thing was to collapse and not move. It was rather warm in the afternoon. Summer is definitely on its way! When 5 hit, and the air cooled, we went for a walk around. It was fairly quiet this time in the afternoon, but Albert showed me some childhood memories. He took me on a nature walk to a lighthouse. By the time we reached it the light was already on. That was fascinating in itself, as I'd only ever seen lighthouses during the day!

Norah Head offers accommodation in the old lighthouse keeper quarters which would be cool!

As we are only there for the night that was all the exploring we could do, but it was a beautiful sight! Tomorrow is onto Harrington!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb