Sydney with a Glorious Sailaway


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » The Rocks
April 12th 2017
Published: April 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

10th/11th March Sydney

Two days in this great city



Although we have only been on since Auckland, there was a huge turnaround of passengers today (nearly half)



Sydney is still a fabulous place sail into, although it was quite early today.

There is something quite surreal about opening the curtains and having the Sydney Harbour Bridge as a backdrop.



In the words of Basil Fawlty 'what were you expecting, herds of wildebeest crossing the Serengeti perhaps'



A great city, the new developments are coming along, the Light railway should soon be up and running in George Street.

So mainly a shopping expedition as the Sales were on and some bargains were to be had.



Good to reacquaint ourselves with the Rocks and one of our favourite restaurants Wolfies on the waterfront.



The Ocean Passenger Terminal is one of the best berths with th Opera House on one side and the Harbour Bridge on the other.



All too soon, we were away, but in the daylight which was a change.



A great Sailaway, passing Rose and Watsons Bay, home of Doyle's restaurant on the starboard side before heading out into the Tasman Sea through the Heads.



Onwards to Melbourne.



Sorry these are late but it seems there are not enough hours in the day!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.1106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb