Day with the Ashford's


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sutherland
January 24th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After getting back to grips of leaving the tranquillity of the Hamilton Islands after our slightly complicated journey it was time to spend some time with the Ashford’s. We caught a train out from the CBD to Sutherland where we were greeted by Sue, Amanda, Cameron and Tarryn.

We then took a drive to Kurnell along Captain Cook’s Drive past the stinky swaps and the oil refinery. It was quiet amazing seeing the container port now and thinking about what it would have been like when Captain Cook sailed into Botonay Bay all those years ago. With the kids speeding about on their scooters we walked along the shorefront to the Botany Bay Field Studies Centre where we learned all about the landings and associated history of the area. There was also a rather large spider hanging around at the centre to Jo’s displeasure, so we made a hasty retreat to the car and drove to the shopping parade in Cronulla.

On the parade there were activites for the kids, so Cameron and Tarryn jumped into what seemed to be a giant hamster wheel floating on water and speed around. Our lives then moved into a new chapter of ice cream indulgence when we were introduce to ColdRock ice cream, where they mix various flavours of ice cream with chocolate bars and sweets at your request. We were very impressed!

Next it was off to a Sushi Train restaurant in Sutherland. Experience food passing by you was a huge dilemma for Will. There was so much passing him by he couldn’t make up his mind as to what he wanted, and Jo had to intervene a grab plates for him otherwise he’d been there all day watching the food pass him by!

Sue then dropped us off at Sutherland station as we had dinner arrangements back in Sydney, and we left Jo to hang out with the relatives before having for dinner at Mandy’s with the kids and Anthony

We meet Athea and Dave at Martin Place Bar for a quick pre dinner drink to decide on location. We decided on the Lowenbrau beer café in the rocks, so after supping up we made our way there.

As you can imagine, the beer house serves up all the traditional Bavarian fare, and we chose a mixture of schnitzle, platters of sausage mash and saurkraute, not forgetting the steins of beer to wash it all down with! With it being a working night for Anthea and Jo, the boys were encouraged to drink up at reasonable time, so we headed home with clear heads for the next day of tourist adventures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb