Australian Christmas Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sutherland
December 25th 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were happy to be woken up by sunshine on Christmas Day to fulfill the dream of sunny festivities. After a few early morning Skype calls back home we started drinking the eggnog which Jess had made. Will’s first glass at 9am made him a little wobbly… not surprising really since it had a whole bottle of rum in it!!

After present opening we moved on to a Canadian inspired breakfast of pancakes with bacon and maple syrup… accompanied by more eggnog and bucks fizz! Obviously all of this was taking place whilst wearing our festive Santa hats!!

We started the Christmas games early as Andy got out his jigsaw present and we all helped put it together… not so easy after a couple of glasses of bucks fizz and eggnog!

Ben came over late morning and gave us a lift back to the Ashford’s place in Sutherland where the kids were already in the pool and Will’s aunt was slaving away over the hot cooker rustling up a turkey with all the trimmings. We had lunch outside by the pool… surreal!! And of course Will went back for seconds. After lunch we had a few games of celebrity heads – where you wear a card on your head with a picture of an object/animal and you have to ask yes/no questions to guess what’s on your card – Jo was appalling at this game, especially as it was aimed at 6 – 12 year olds!! She blamed it on the eggnog!

We spent the afternoon in the sunshine with the kids trying out all their new toys and the adults enjoying a few drinks before catching the train back to Sydney which was surprisingly busy for Christmas day!

We spent the rest of the evening calling back to the UK to say Happy Christmas as our friends and families were waking up for their day of festive celebrations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Presents!!Presents!!
Presents!!

Will getting excited
Bella looking hopefulBella looking hopeful
Bella looking hopeful

She hasn't cottoned on that Will doesn't share food!
Bella feeling festiveBella feeling festive
Bella feeling festive

The hat didn't stay on for long


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb