Making Plans


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Olympic Park
December 2nd 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As it is now Monday in North America, we can finally make some calls to try and deal with our situation. We reach the insurance company in Toronto and find that they will cover us to go to Hanoi instead of Bangkok, but that we need to try to make the arrangements through our ticket broker. We then call San Francisco and speak with Air Brokers International. They say that we are better off using an agent in Australia instead and they give us some names.

Once again we head off to visit a travel agent. We haven't done much touristy stuff in a few days, though we have seen a lot of the city through our travels.

This agent is on Pitt street, not far from the Thai Airways office so the route is familiar. Skylink travel is tucked away on the second floor of an office building, which seems a bit unusual for such a business. We are greeted by Cathy and the agency turns out to be great. She finds us the same flight considerably cheaper than the other company, prints out the right forms for us, and also informs us that we can get the visas in one day. She also is more informed about the overnight stay we will have to make in Malaysia en route.

In order to get things started, we head straight over to the Viet Nam consulate and pay for rush visas. When we return to Cathy though, we find out that the flight price she had for us was for Thursday, and that she also has a higher price on the Friday. As the insurance is covering the difference, this isn't too big a problem, but Thursday would be better.

We head back to Bass hill as we are going to Paola and Bennie's for dinner.

Bennie picks us up around 5:30 and we head over to their house. After all this running around, it is nice to be in a house and feeling relaxed knowing that we have some plans in place.

We have a wonderful BBQ dinner (it is so great to have more that a few tasty dishes on the table as our travel meals have had to be simple) and it feels like home sitting around just talking. Paola decides we should give Pia, Evy's mother, a call. It is early in the morning in Toronto, but she is up and I think enjoys knowing that we have made contact.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb