Housewarming Fiesta


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Neutral Bay
May 15th 2008
Published: June 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after three months in Sydney we finally got around to having a house warming party. It took us a while, but waiting 3 months was critical in making sure that we not only had furniture for the apartment, but that we also had some friends.

Since mexican food is pretty non-existant here, we decided to have a Cinco de Mayo housewarming party. We soon realised that most people don't even know what Cinco de Mayo is, which turned out to be a a good thing, since our party was on May 15th and not the 5th.

It was a great time, and involved sangria, margaritas, way too much tequila, and a massive quanity of tacos. We also bashed in two pinantas, and had a special guest appearance from the "didgeridoo guy"(who was a friend of a friend of a friend), who game with not 1, but 2, didgeridoos. The neighbors didn't appreciate that part so much, but we had some great live music.

All in all it was a great party, and suprisingly we had a full house. There are a few shots here of our furnished apartment, although its still a work in progess.

Cheers,
Matt and Heidi



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



17th June 2008

Party time!!
I think you guys need to introduce everyone over there to the infamous garbage plate... Glad the both of you are having a great time. Matt, Everyone in Rochester misses you!!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb