Day 150 Australia, Sydney, Manly.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Manly
April 16th 2015
Published: April 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,



We woke up again at Paul and Suzanne’s flat, they were all very quiet in the morning when they left for work. Neil and I woke up about 8am; we had cereal for breakfast in the flat, and wrote up the blogs we got so behind with.



I also arranged a couch surf host for two nights when we arrive in Auckland. I wrote a note to Paul and Suzanne thanking them for everything. (Neil was chuffed as he had good Wi-Fi while there for the first time in ages).



About midday we caught the bus to Sydney city, headed to circular Quay and caught the ferry over to Manly. It was good that we had our OPAL cards as they got us over to Manly as well.



We had arranged to stay with my Dads old football friend Bobby Bell and his wife Martha. When Bobby picked us up from the port he was really happy we were there and drove us to his house to meet his wife.



They lived in a really nice house, it was immaculate inside and again we were spoilt with a private room and en-suite. Martha is a very friendly Peruvian lady. After chatting and catching up we all went for a drive to Marine Parade, here there were amazing views of the city during sunset.



We then drove to Manly beach and walked along the promenade to North head. We got some amazing pictures of us all. Visiting Manly is a must if you’re in Sydney, as it’s beautiful and only 30 minutes away on the $6 ferry too.



We then headed back to Bobby’s and Martha’s; once back Martha cooked us an amazing Peruvian chicken dish, it was so good! We had a really good catch up and learnt about Bobby’s and Martha’s lives and we told them all about our travels.



After dinner we were all tired and Vick and I had an early start as we were heading to the blue mountain.



Thanks for reading,



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb