And the winner is....Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kirribilli
August 18th 2009
Published: August 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SydneySydneySydney

Outside Lunar Park...I know, finally somewhere I fit in!!
For 15TH August,

Well not much sleep had last night, but a great night out with all my kids for David’s birthday. I still can’t believe that 28 years have passed since he was born! It seems like yesterday at times. It was so good that Alana came up from Hobart for the occasion, and very special that both she and David were able to see us off at the airport this morning (and Amina too, of course).

After a quick changeover in Melbourne, we arrived in Sydney at around 1.30 p.m to an absolutely gorgeous day. Blue skies, sunny sky and a lovely 22 degrees. So much different to the cold, grey skies and rain that we had left back home. So, after dropping our gear off at the apartment in the city, we headed out to the park for a walk (and for the boys to have a kick of the footy!) We didn’t walk too far though before we found a great place to have a drink, right on the Harbour and next to Lunar Park…how could we resist??!!! Then on the way home we found a fabulous Thai restaurant that Andy and Jen had been
KirribilliKirribilliKirribilli

This is the view at night from the apartment we were staying in.
to before so we decided to stay out and have dinner before coming back to the apartment. It certainly was the best Thai I have ever had!!!

The apartment we are staying in is literally right next to the Harbour Bridge and the views from the lounge room are absolutely magnificent! (Thanks so much Adam and Lucy for letting us stay!) I am sitting here on the couch looking out at the neon-lit city across the river at Circular Quay, and the steady stream of traffic crossing the Harbour Bridge. There are ferries, water taxis and other boats constantly travelling up and down the River, their lights reflecting on the still, dark water. I am feeling so lucky and I haven’t even left Australia yet!!

Another early rise tomorrow, to fly out to Hong Kong. The 9 hour trip will seem long in comparison to the two one hour long trips we had today but I am glad that we are not going direct to London and having to endure a 22 hour haul!


Advertisement



18th August 2009

You guys are doing great with your blogs, so creative and informative. Just like reading a book, keeping us wanting more. Thanks for keeping us updated. And I hope you all keep enjoying it.
20th August 2009

Wow
Wow, what an amazing shot of the Harbour Bridge aye. x

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb